Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hopeless Romantic


I FINALLY went and saw Eclipse last week and I loved it. It was my favorite book in the "Twilight" series because of the love triangle between Bella, Jacob and Edward. I kept sighing through most of the movie and it's a good thing my daughter wasn't sitting next to me, or she would've been irritated with me.

I've always been a hopeless romantic. I believed in the "Happily Ever After" and love at first sight. I love the feeling of being in love. I dig chick flicks and fairy tales. I had an ex who would leave me flowers and cards on the doorstep or on my car windshield in the morning when I woke up. He was very romantic!

I always felt like I had a past life in the 1800's. I love the Victorian Era where you were courted by your "beau" and the women took time to look beautiful. The poems were romantic and the styles were feminine. I love everything about that era.

My favorite book is "Wuthering Heights" and one of my favorite romantic movies is "Untamed Heart". Yes, I love the Notebook, Titanic, Grease and the typical ones, but Untamed Heart is an unusual love story, but it makes you believe that love is possible in any circumstance. If you haven't seen it, check it out and make sure you have kleenex next to you.

I always wished to grow old with the one I loved. Two little old people holding hands and walking through the park. Having grandchildren to spoil and a cute little cottage house with a garden and a fat dog.

Romance is what you make of it. It doesn't have to be flowers and candlelight. It could be something as small as your honey picking something up at the market just because he thought you'd like it. Or putting gas in your car when you're driving on fumes (Thanks sweetie!)

I love the photo I posted. Whenever I see it, I often wonder if they stayed together and grew old and lived happily ever after. Take a minute today to do something special for the one you love. Let them know you're thinking of them or that you still appreciate them. It'll make you both feel good!

No comments: