Saturday, June 03, 2006

Swimming Fool


Today I went to my sister's house to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday and to try out their new pool. The pool is gorgeous and we all had fun swimming in it, including the dogs. It was nice to take some time to relax with family and just hang out. I need to do this more often.

I decided that I would try and control my anger and replace it with nurturing toward my child. For the month of June I am teaching her something new every day. After I teach it to her, she needs to write it in her journal so she can read back and remember this informative month. On the first I taught her how to pump gas. Yesterday I taught her a card trick. Tonight I taught her the word PRESTIDIGITATOR, which means a magician or conjurer performing sleight of hand for people who didn't know what it means. This is relevant because Mandabear is going to the Magic Castle tomorrow with her Girl Scout Council as a reward for selling over 500 Girl Scout Cookies. She is very excited to go and that she reached that goal. The Magic Castle is a restaurant and magic theater perched on a hill in Hollywood. They are very frou-frou as you have to dress up and you cannot get in unless you know a Magician or become a member. I've been there a few times and it's been a fun night. The building is an eerie Mansion where you have to tell the owl a password before the bookcase opens and you may enter. I can't wait to hear all about it when she comes home.

I have to start googling my 27 more things to teach my child. I'm hot, tired and full of chlorine, but I'm gonna continue on because the internet never sleeps!!!

No comments: