Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dancing and Singing at 84!

On Mother's Day, my daughter's Show Choir performed at the CVHOC High School Benefit Show called "Give My Regards to Broadway", starring Dick Van Dyke. Our show choir performed a medley from the Broadway Show "Guys and Dolls" and they were awesome! Dick Van Dyke was the MC and he had so much energy! He danced, he sang, he messed around with the kids during their performances. When one High School performed a "Phantom of the Opera" medley, he came out with a cape, mask and a rose and gave it to one of the singers, then slinked off stage. When another High School did a "Chorus Line" medley, he came out and danced the choreography and then high kicked Rockette style! It's so inspirational to see such talent, and youthfulness at the ripe age of 84.

He really cares about the Arts in Schools and even took time out before they performed and visited the kids at their High Schools. This benefit brings in needed funds to keep the Arts and this was the 10th Year they've been supporting the schools. I'm so happy that I got to spend my Mother's Day, watching my beautiful, talented daughter and her friends, joyfully dancing and singing. Thanks Mr. Van Dyke and I hope to attend another 10 shows!!

No comments: