Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Will Remember You


Yesterday I found out that a friend of mine died last month. Our kids went to school together in Elementary. We started PTA and volunteered at school together. She was a lovely lady and a caring, wonderful mom and now she's gone, leaving 3 children and a great husband behind. I don't know what happened to her, I didn't want to press her son. I just know how I felt and it was shock and sadness. It always takes something like this to shock your system and re-think how you live your life. You go through the same thing everyday always taking for granted that your family, friends, loved ones will be there the next day. I spoke to my daughter about this and let her know how important it is to be thankful for your friends and family because you never know when they'll be taken from you. It made me want to reach out to my "Christmas Card Friends". You know, the ones you fill in on your life when you exchange cards. I use to write letters and send cards regularly when I was younger. Now with technology, it would seem like it's easier to keep in touch. But I think it's the opposite effect. Since we are able to reach out so quickly, we don't bother. We can wait, when I have more time, etc. And then another year passes by. Take a minute, drop a line, make a phone call and reach out to someone. It just might make your day....and theirs.

No comments: