Friday, March 11, 2011

Don't Believe the Hype!

Today I went to Taco Bell to get my usual cheapo filling meal when I saw a beautiful picture of their new "Pacific Shrimp Burrito". (See photo) It said their burrito was loaded with 6 marinated shrimp and as you can see from the picture, they seem like they fill the burrito. With my mouth watering, I ordered it, which the price cost more than the 3 dollar menu items I usually get for lunch. When I received it, it was puny. I bit into it and felt a crunch in my mouth. The shrimp were breaded? How can they be marinated if they were breaded? No, the crunch was from red tortilla strips randomly strewn into the burrito. I brought the burrito back and said, I think you gave me a crunch wrap burrito. She said that it was shrimp. I unwrapped it and underneath the lettuce and cheese and sauce, there were 6 tiny shrimp. They did say there would be 6 shrimp, but looks are deceiving in advertising. I am not a naive person, but I got caught up in the photo of the beautiful shrimp and I suppose it was wishful thinking that I would actually get something that looked like the picture in a fast food place. Needless to say, I was disappointed and let this be a warning, don't believe the hype when it comes to fast food advertising. That's how food art people still have jobs!

No comments: